Wednesday, September 2, 2020

Hive 4 September Tutorial: Scrappy Mountains

 Hive 4 September block

Scrappy Delectable Mountains for Linda Schiffer (lindaschiffer@me.com).

Two 6.5”x8” (with seam allowances) blocks.

Tutorial: Scrappy Mountain Majesties by Bonnie Hunter  - this tute is exactly what you need to follow for fun, easy block making. 

Please use bright flower colors (prints or solids) for one 8” beginning square and ‘low volume’ light background print (white, cream, gray background - it’s all good:) for the other 8” square. Sew the ‘uphill’ and ‘downhill’ blocks together to make a "Thistle" flower. 

I am partial to 'warm' colors (red, orange, yellow, hot pink and so on:) but intense, saturated 'cool' colors (blue, teal, purple, etc) will work fine. I have a weakness for 'science' prints, text prints and 'math' prints for the background but any nice texture will work fine, too. I'm easy - and I will enjoy anything you send me! 

I will use these squares to make the border of a very green quilt I have in progress using three Elizabeth Hartmann designs - you can see the components I've already made here:

LeafyLeafy pattern by Elizabeth Hartmann

Thistle:Thistle pattern by Elizabeth Hartmann

Banana Leaves:


I am really looking forward to finishing this quilt!! Thank you for your work toward my happy goal.

:) Linda




No comments: