Saturday, August 15, 2020

Hive 1 Churn Dash for Marie

 Hi Marie,

A nice simple block!  Hope you like this light blue. It kind of looks like Grunge but it’s not.  I’ll put it in the mail Monday.   

Bob’s your uncle!  I had to look it up... it’s not a common saying in California.  From Wikipedia, “The origins are uncertain, but a common theory is that the expression arose after Conservative Prime Minister Robert Gascoyne-Cecil, 3rd Marquess of Salisbury ("Bob") appointed his nephew Arthur Balfour as Chief Secretary for Ireland in 1887, an act of nepotism, which was apparently both surprising and unpopular. Whatever other qualifications Balfour might have had, "Bob's your uncle" was seen as the conclusive one.”[1][2]



Karen 

2 comments:

CooperQuilter said...

Karen, you made my day! My aunts always said, "Bob's your uncle" and I never questioned the origin. Thank you! And your block looks great, too.

CooperQuilter said...

Your block arrived while I was away. Thank you, Karen. It will work perfectly with what I had in mind.