Friday, May 1, 2020

Hive 3 May Tutorial: Scrappy Irish Chain Block

Hello ladies

This is the second year I have taken part in the Stash Bee. I was queen last September in Hive 3. 

Gosh, hasn't the world changed so much since then. For me personally, since that time:
1. my boss at work resigned and I have a new boss who is taking a bit of getting used to; 
2. I have passed two further papers towards my accounting degree and I am currently working on one and in July I will commence my last one and then I will have my degree; 
3. I went to Quiltcon in Austin for a week and then San Francisco for a week in February; 
4. I went to my work conference in Australia at the start of March; 
5. We went into full stay at home lock down for 5 weeks with a move out to level 3 on Tuesday, which is actually level 4 lite - the mantra has been "stay home, save lives, be kind";
6. I have been working from home for 6 weeks now with no real end in sight of that arrangement;
7. and among all this, my dog became ill and passed away two weeks ago and due to Covid 19, I had to sit in my car outside the vet's instead of being with her while she passed to a better place for her. It was really sad.

But quilting, petting fabric, making Bee blocks, surfing IG and facebook and admiring what everyone has been making has kept me feeling positive.

I would like to continue to collect more blocks towards my Scrappy Irish Chain quilt as featured in my tutorial here http://stashbee.blogspot.com/2019/09/stash-bee-hive-3-block-for-helen.html

Please refer to the post from last year to help you make your block. 

And here is the link to the original quilt inspiration tutorial
http://www.happyquiltingmelissa.com/2015/06/super-scrappy-single-irish-chain-finish.html 

Here are the blocks and colours I have so far:





I have 25 blocks and I am working towards 49 blocks in total to make a 7 by 7 quilt. That's 7 blocks each of 7 colours - red (+ pink), orange (+ coral), yellow, green, blue (+ teal), indigo and violet.

I already have 7 greens so I don't need anymore of these. Listed next are the colours I need more of and how many:
Red (+ pink) 3
Orange ( + coral) 4
Yellow 3
Green NIL
Blue 2 (please no more teal)
Indigo and Violet 12 (this is a hard one so the whole range of purple would be fine - I can fill any gaps as needed for these 2 colours). 

This is the final look I am going for:



As you can see it is quite flexible in the colours within the colour family. This quilt has sashing which I will add myself later.

And as a result of level 3 lock down, I can't post mail but I can receive mail so don't feel you have to wait to send to me. It will come through to me fine.

Thanks and I am so excited to see what you make me.

Helen

No comments: