Thursday, February 27, 2020

 

Hive 1 February Hourglass Block

It feels like February flew by and while I made my blocks two weeks ago, I wanted to square them up before mailing and I realized they were much smaller than the 6 1/2" they should have finished at (more than 1/4").  For whatever reason, me and 2 1/2" squares do not get a long very well.  I also was not happy with my initial fabric choices. These are the blocks that I made originally:




Thankfully, last night I had a bit of time to remake them AND they are all the correct size. YES! I'm mailing these blocks to you today 😊



I started squaring them up and cut myself with the rotary cutter.  To save the blocks from a bloody mess, I decided against squaring them up any further (why do rotary cuts bleed so much???). Hope you like them!

-Rochelle
@mcallisterwench

 

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

Thanks Rochelle. So sorry you were bitten by the cutter! They look terrific.