Sunday, September 1, 2019

Instagram Hive 1 2019 tutorial- megsverde

Welcome to September!

I am ready for some fun with this quick and easy block!

My six year old daughter, Ella Bea and my three year old son want to continue our #holidaypatchworkforest! Therefore, to get us in the mood, I selected the modern Christmas tree block quilt from the blog, The Diary of a Quilter. The free tutorial is great and easy to follow and I had a great time with this block. I hope it provides some festive fun in your fall quilting. The block took about 30 minutes from cutting to finish, so I also think it will be a quick one to do during this busy fall school season.

Fabric pull- think festive, think Starbucks holiday cups, think anything bright and fun. No pattern is too crazy. I am up for anything you want to throw together! The more (pattern) the merrier in this quilt.  For inspiration- check out #holidaypatchworkforest on Instagram.



The blog is super easy to follow! Please see my pictures below to help you as well. Follow her guidelines as she discusses how to cut the trees. As you can see from the last picture, I did not follow the guidelines so well in terms of seam of allowance. However, the blocks are still beautiful!

https://www.diaryofaquilter.com/2015/12/modern-christmas-tree-quilt-block.html

Cutting:


Piecing:




Final:

The pattern completes two blocks, and now you can start your own #holidaypatchworkforest tree quilt! 

Have fun! Please check the address sheet for my updated address! 
With gratitude, 
Meghan (@megsverde)

1 comment:

Jan @Cocoa Quilts said...

Meg, sent out last week. USPS #9500114526479254509891

Looking forward to seeing this quilt.