Sunday, September 1, 2019

Hive 2 September Tutorial

Hi all. I'm Rose from New Jersey and I have chosen a fun scrappy block for this months block.  It goes together quickly and easily so I hope you will make 2 of them for me.


This block is a small plus block using scrappy low volume (here is just an example of some that I have already made) and bright happy colors. Solids would be fine. I also like Batiks.




To start you will need for each block:

2 - 2.5"x 2.5" color block
1 - 2.5"x 6.5" color strip
1 - 2.5"x 2.5" black and white
2 - 2.5"x 6.5" scrappy low volume
4 - 2.5"x 2.5" scrappy low volume


To start, lay out the fabrics like this.  


Sew together the 2.5" square low volume and and the color blocks.  Then add them to the center color strip.  



Next sew the black and white square to the top low volume strip and the other low volume strip to the plus. 


 Finally, sew the top strip to the block and you are done.You will have an 8 1/2" block.  It took a half an hour to complete these two blocks, including choosing fabrics, cutting, and sewing. They are small so I hope you will make me 2 blocks. It will take quite a few for a quilt. I better get busy.




 Hope you like my blocks!  If you have any questions feel free to ask. I can't wait to see how scrappy this will look when it is done. Thanks!


No comments: