Sunday, March 31, 2019

April Hive 4 Tutorial

This is my month as queen and it also is my birthday month.  I’m Karen from southern Ohio.  I’ve recently retired and find I have more time to work on charity quilts.  The block I’m requesting will be made into a quilt for a child in foster care.  As you can see it’s a heart block.  I’ve made several quilts from this block and find it’s very striking when finished.

The block you will be making will finish at 12.5”.  Here are the fabric requirements:

1.  4 background squares cut at 2.5” and marked on the diagonal 
2.  2 background squares cut at 6.5” and marked on the diagonal 
3. 2 print squares cut at 6.5” x 12.5”

The background fabric should be light (I’m using white, but use what you have on hand)
The print fabric should be a red or pink (novelty fabrics are ok)

Place the large background squares on the bottom of the print fabric and the smaller squares at the top.  Reverse for the other print.
Sew on the diagonals.  Trim 1/4” from sewn line.
Put both halves together, sew, press middle seam open and voila you are finished.


No comments: