Sunday, May 6, 2018

Circle of Friends block for Liz


Once again, colours I would not have thought to put together.  My hivemates certainly keep expanding my horizons!  I really like the "minty feel" of the pate green and grey.

I used the "Magic 8" method for making the HST units.  I had never done it before.  As I am a trim-it-down kinda girl, I used 7" squares to start with.  This is the pile of trimmings after making all 32 units.


Liz asked that we press our seams open.  I had a hard time getting my intersections to line up, and I had a lot of bottom seam allowances flip over, so... there may have been a wee bit of cursing and a whole lot of unsewing going on in my basement today.  It all worked out, though.  Yay!

I hope you'll share a picture of Anne & Kristen's quilt once it's complete.

~Kathy

1 comment:

Liz Horgan said...

Hi Kathy--I love your block, but I'm sorry it gave you such a hard time. My intersections don't always line up either!
I love that you used polka dots! Someone once told me that polka dots bring good luck, so now I try to put them in every quilt I make!
I can't wait to get your block and add it to my collection!