Friday, July 1, 2022

Hive 2 JulyTutotial - Star Block for Evann

Hello!  This month is a modified Star Block by Monica Solorio-Snow from the happyzombie.com! I found it on favequilts.com.  It should end up to be 12 1/2" square, but mine only came out to be 12", so I might need to practice a little more...






My color scheme is a soft sunset of navy/fuchsia/coral/purples/pinks. There's even some metallic gold in mine.  I find these colors so relaxing and beautiful- maybe as a city girl I'm missing a peaceful sunset on the beach...
   



For the color fabrics:  I'd prefer prints, and I love anything natural (flowers, bugs, birds) in a print, or other types of interesting prints.  Just no holiday/branded/baby prints please, and prefer no batiks.  I love a scrappy look or you can use the same fabric for each section, just prefer an overall symmetrical appearance in the colorways. No straight primary/secondary colors- looking for muted or further mixed natural colors.  :)

For the border and center square: white in a medium to low volume print.  Can be scrappy!  I'm fine with any sort of cute or interesting low/medium volume white (just no branded, holiday, etc), and the center block can be a little more interesting if you want (as long as a white background), or they can all be the same!  

Here are my pulls:


I would like the look to overall be symmetrical, but you can choose the location of the colors, including if you want the chevrons and the bear-paws to be the same all around the outside, or all the chevrons are similar colors, etc.  


Thank you so much!  I am so excited to see your work!


No comments: