Tuesday, April 19, 2022

Finished Quilt, Hive 1 2020 (November)

 


Hi All,

After 2 1/2 years Stashbee, I was finally able to finish the first quilt with blocks from my Hivemates! I started putting this quilt together in January. It's 57" x 79".

In 2020 I requested 'wonky tree' blocks for a Christmas quilt. "Wonky Winter" did indeed become a Christmas / Winter quilt, but also much more.

I dedicated it to my mom, who passed away last Summer. On the back I added a Christmas poem, which my mum often recited for us kids before Christmas, when I was small. 

I didn't have the best relationship with my mother, but I want to remember her by these happy memories of Advent-Sunday evenings spent around the Advent wreath, singing carols, reciting poems and reading Christmas stories.

While I was quilting 'Wonky Winter' last weekend, I enjoyed all those georgeous blocks my hivemates made for me - I love every single one of them and will treasure this quilt because of your generosity (you are all on the label).

Some even send additional green fabric pieces. I used some of them for the extra tree block I made for the bottom row.

Thank you all so much!

I am planning to start on the quilt with last year's blocks next weekend.

Happy sewing,

Rita










2 comments:

Gayle said...

What a great finished quilt!

Pam Chamberlin said...

I see my wonky trees in that forest! I love how the quilt turned out--a real original. :)