Sunday, October 3, 2021

Hive 3 October Tutorial - Spritely block for Meghan

 October Block! 

A quick one with 2.5 strips! 




Materials needed: 2 precut 2.5 strips (or 2.5 strips WOF) 

Color combination: 

Think floral and bright! I am making a charity quilt using some old 2.5 strips and your blocks will help to change up the current yellow, purple and blue theme I have right now. 



Cutting: 

Cut each strip into 4 rectangles 2.5 by 6.5 inches and 4 rectangles 2.5 by 3.5 inches. 


Construction: 

Sew 2 contrasting 2.5 by 3.5 rectangles together, short ends together. Sew 2.5 by 6.5 rectangle to the top of this unit and a contrasting 2.5 by 6.5 inch rectangle to the bottom (picture) 


Repeat to make 4 identical units (picture). 



Sew the units rotated as shown into a block. 



Finished 12 by 12 inches. 

Easy block! 

Thank you for your patience as I completed this tutorial. I was going to use a tutorial from several years backs and could not find it! 

I hope this block is quick for you and your October is glorious! It has been a beautiful fall here in VA so far! 


Please let me know if you have any questions! 

Best, 

Meghan

I found this pattern a handy pocket guide for quilting with precuts- compiled by Gailen Runge

No comments: