Thursday, April 1, 2021

Hive 2 April Tutorial - Antique Tile Block

This is my fourth time with StashBee....not all of them consecutive.

This time around I would like to get Antique Tile blocks.  The pattern I use is this one:

https://www.quilterscache.com/A/AntiqueTileBlock.html

My color scheme will be yellow, and two shades of a color of your choice.

The block is a variation of a nine patch so the piecing is really pretty straightforward.

The yellow is the Color 3 if you are following the Quilters Cache pattern.  The darker color is Color 1 and the medium (lighter version of darker color) is Color 2.

This is what the cut pieces will look like:



These are the sizes and number of pieces you will need:

Here is an exploded view of the pieces, you can see how it is looking like a nine patch.
Here are an assortment of yellows that I pulled to use....feel free to use any shade of yellow, as long as it reads as yellow.

To start piecing sew the small squares together, then sew the rectangles together.
Then sew the rectangles to the two patch units to create the corners.
Sew the rows together....
Sew the tows together and you have a completed block

Feel free to use any two colors except black, gray and brown.  I might be using those as sashing and borders.  Please don't use solids.

If you use a directional fabric please have the design go in the same direction throughout the block.

Also, do not press your seams open.

I think I covered everything, but if you have questions let me know.

I can't wait to see your blocks.

Sherry

No comments: