Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Karen's Tumbling Blocks for November, Hive 6

When I saw Karen's tutorial, I could not wait to start making these tumbling blocks!! These blocks did not disappoint. I had so much fun, I couldn't stop! :) I have sewn Y-seams in the past and the tutorial Karen linked in her post is the best method I've used. Also, if you have a JayBird Quilts Sidekick ruler - it makes cutting a snap!

Sideways. . . but I couldn't get a good picture of all of them any other way! :)
SO cool!! Don't fret the Y-seam! :D
I have always wanted to make a quilt using this block and after making these blocks for Karen, it has definitely risen on the "to do" list! Karen should have these blocks in her hands already! Hope you like them Karen and I can't wait to see your finished quilt!

Judy

2 comments:

Karen said...

OMG Judy, your blocks are marvelous! I do have them in my hands already. You set the bar high with six awesome blocks ahead of schedule. I was truly floored when I opened the package. Thank you so much. It has been a pleasure being in this bee.

Judy@Quilt Paradigm said...

Aww, thank you, Karen! I'm glad they arrived safely and you like them :)