Thursday, February 5, 2015

Hive 7 February block for Cyndi

Hello! This is Carla, who sews and blogs under the not-so-secret alias of Granny Maud’s Girl.

Cyndi asked the Hive 7 crew to sew blocks with brightly curved strips on a white background. It was a fun block to sew and would have been really easy if I had not been so uptight about trying to make the lines look like they followed through.

I hope I have followed the brief correctly and Cyndi likes them!





Cyndi asked us, ‘Where would you live if you could move right now? Why?’

I think I would move to Britain. I am torn between a cottage in a rural village and a flat in the hustle and bustle of London (I am a farmer’s daughter, but I love the convenience and atmosphere of big cities) but I know I would like to spend more time in the UK. I was born there, but I grew up in Australia. It would be good to spend a few years getting to know where I am from better. I love pub grub, history and old architecture, and, at the moment, in the middle of an Australian summer, anywhere that is not so stinking hot looks really attractive!

Carla

1 comment:

HeatherK @ A Reformed Heath'n said...

Yours look much better than mine do! My son is visiting the UK in a couple of summers and I so wish I was going with him. I'll trade places with you here for a couple of weeks if you want to get away from the heat =)