Sunday, February 1, 2015

February 2015 Block - Hive 8 Tutorial

Hi Everyone!

My name is Bonnie, and I live in Newfoundland, Canada, with my husband Dave and my dog Lacey.  I also have a 21 year old daughter, Rebecca, who is away at university, so she only lives with us part time!

This is my second year with Stash Bee.  Last year I was terrified of ruining a quilt block, but I did relax as the year went on, and I loved my experience, so much so I am back again this year!  I have put my blocks together from last year, but have not yet finished the quilt.  I love the way the blocks came together to form secondary patterns!

 
My "getting to know you" question is:  Why did you choose to join Stash Bee this year?  I am typically not a joiner, but I did want to meet people and make friends in the quilting community.  I have learned so much from everyone that I have encountered, and have "met" many awesome people.  I think we all will agree that quilters are amazing people who are all willing to share what they have and what they know!  I also love to see the different fabrics that everyone uses, so many beautiful fabrics out there!
 
My block for February is the ``Intersection Block`` from Film in the Fridge.  Here is the link to the tutorial:  http://filminthefridge.com/2014/11/19/intersection-block-a-tutorial/
 
This is a 11.5 inch block, and I would like the blocks to be pink, with teal or turquoise, and the first ring would be white (plain white, low volume white or tone-on-tone white).  You can use the pink and teal in either place.  Also on the first page of the tutorial there are a variety of measurements that you can use, I am okay with any variation.  I tried a number of them, and I think the blocks will all go together nicely!  This is a very easy block, I was able to make 3 in a couple of hours, including the cutting and pressing.

Here are my attempts:



 
 

 I hope you all enjoy making this block, and I am looking forward to see your interpretation!
 
Happy Quilting!
Bonnie


3 comments:

Willa said...

Fun block!!!! I look forward to making it!!

audrey said...

Bonnie, I'm excited to get started! Looks like fun! :)

Celeste said...

Bonnie, I mailed out your blocks today. You should have them in just a few days. Thanks for choosing a super fun block. Easy too!