Saturday, February 14, 2015

Hive 2 Block for Jo

February block for Jo - Hive 2

I haven't appliquéd in SO long I forgot how much I like the finished product!  I opted for 2 different style butterflies to share the same space - I thought about adding some thread painting to the wings to add more color and texture but didn't want them to be too different from the others :). I also,thought about sending a second block but when I found the butterfly embroidery in the second photo I thought I would send that instead - maybe it could be used for the label on the back?




So who would I invite to dinner??  That s a tough one - I think Julia Child, Coco Chanel, Yotam Ottolenghi and Diane Rehm.  I love to cook and have been a long time fan of Julia.  recently I have heard a number of interviews/podcasts with Ottolenghi and his cooking sounds fabulous.  As a clothes sewer in addition to quilter It would be amazing to meet Coco Chanel and I figured Diane Rehm from NPR could help keep the conversation going!

1 comment:

Granny Maud's Girl said...

Beautiful butterflies! The pattern of the purple one and the trailing wings of the red one are gorgeous.
I am sure the pretty embroidery will be appreciated.