Thursday, February 19, 2015

Hive #4 Block for Kathy

Hello fellow bees!  I am Katie and live in Hartford, CT.  I feel so lucky to get to participate in this year's Stash Bee!  This is the first bee that I have participated in - after following the blog last year, I knew that this would be a great way to build skills and meet lots of other quilters around the world.  As I just joined in February, this is my first post.  This month's block pattern was very easy to put together, and I love the results!  Since I just got a large amount of fabric (from someone who thought they wanted to start quilting but never did), I had lots of navy and yellow to choose from, so I made two blocks!  I hope you like them, Kathy!



In answer to this month's question: I have not done a lot of formal quilt design.  Most of the time, I take a pattern and work from that.  However, the most experience I have quilting is making T-shirt quilts (mostly for friends and family).  While looking around the internet for a cheap way to design these, I found Vectorworks, which is actually an architectural design tool that civil engineers use (similar to CAD).  This works WONDERFULLY for what I do with it (and I got it for free because I work at a University and could get a student version).  

I look forward to seeing the blokey quilt!  Hope everyone is staying warm where they are!  We have about 2 feet of snow on the ground here, and it's not over yet!

No comments: