Thursday, February 5, 2015

Hive #2, February: Butterfly Applique for Jo

There are two good things about working in a hospital. First, I have the unique opportunity to make a difference in other people's lives. Second, there's always a chance I'll get cancelled on some random weekday. Case in point: today.

Rather than go outside and shovel out the trash bins, I thought I'd stay in this morning, and start working on Jo's butterfly block. I've only done not even a handful of applique projects in the past, and, well, I didn't know what to expect. I was able to complete this block much more quickly than I had anticipated; in fact, it was the scrappy, pieced background that gave me more trouble than the actual butterflies themselves.


Altogether, this was a fun block to make! I can't wait to see all these blocks together!

If I could invite four guests to dinner, I'd invite Will Traynor from Jojo Moyes' Me Before You, Cannie Shapiro from Jennifer Weiner's Good in Bed, Chelsea Clinton and Matt Damon.

Now to go out and address those trash bins...

2 comments:

Twinkle Toes said...

Love it!!! Thank you!! Want to come and do my bins as well???

helenjean@midgetgemquilts said...

this is a really nice block