Sunday, February 8, 2015

Hive 5 February Block for Kim

Hi.  Kelly here.  For her month Kim asked for some string blocks in gold, melon, and teal hues.  I made due with what I had on hand and hopefully the colors will work well with all the other blocks.  Especially since this will be for her new baby - Congrats Kim!

I've never made a block like this so it was fun to do something new.  I hope Kim likes it.


This month Kim asked what our bucket list quilt is.  Well since I am new to quilting I have an ENORMOUS list of quilts pinned to do one day.  However the one quilt I am anxious to start (and thankfully received the pattern for Christmas) is Gypsy Wife by Jen Kingwell.


Another quilt I plan to work on really soon is a paper doll quilt for my 2 year old, Penelope.  The pattern came from an old Fons & Porter magazine and I plan to change it somewhat, but I do have the fabric with the girls and clothes.  Any day now...











4 comments:

Kim @ TiesThatBindQuilting said...

Thanks Kelly! These will be great!

Kelly H. said...

Thanks Kim.

I was worried I didn't have the right colors.

Kim @ TiesThatBindQuilting said...

Hey Kelly! I just wanted to let you know that your blocks made it safely to me. Thanks again!

SIMPLESEW said...

nice block..