Sunday, February 8, 2015

Hive #3 - February Block for Bonnie

Bonnie asked us to improv string piece a block, at least 16.5" wide, but longer if we wanted to. I ended up with a 18" wide and roughly 20"long block.
The color assignment was browns or fabric that reads as brown, tans, mushrooms and one strip of eggplant with no white. Until this block, I hadn't realized that browns aren't really present in my stash. I almost ended up asking for an angel block but then I figured that between shot cottons and other solids I would be able to make do. The one eggplant strip I added is a very dark eggplant. It is lighter in person – I took the photo at night and the colors are a little off.




Bonnie asked us about the 5 notions and food we cannot live without. Here are my notions:





  • Sewline Glue Pen 
  • Olfa 45mm Rotary Cutter
  • Little House Glass Head Pins
  • Fiskars Easy Action Micro Tip Scissors (#5)
  • Seam Ripper

Foods:


  • European bread - loaves, different grains, with a crusty outside, a little bit of flower dusted over them
  • Pasta - spaghetti in particular
  • Cucumbers
  • Corn
  • Cheese - anything from Gruyere to Chevres (French goat cheese), Parmesan, etc.

No comments: