Wednesday, February 18, 2015

February String Blocks for Kim - Hive 5

Hello - Emily here with my block for Kim.  I loved her colorway and had fun making string blocks - my first time!
Great color combination - mustard, melon, and teal!
Kim asked us what was on our quilty bucket list - mine isn't too long (yet) but I'd really like to make The Steampunk Quilt by Jen Kingwell - it combines my love of curved piecing and coordinated scrappiness!!!   Probably more realistically would be to actually make quilts with some of my hoarded fabric!  Looking forward to see what's coming in March - Happy Sewing!

2 comments:

Kim @ TiesThatBindQuilting said...

These look awesome, Emily! Thanks!

SIMPLESEW said...

lovely blocks.. J.kingwell has some great quilts, but I think her approach is very improv and you can do it