Wednesday, July 31, 2024

Hive 4 - August Tutorial - Tic Tac Toe block for Lisa

Hi All

August Queen here and after those difficult angles, this block is easy, peasy!!  This is the same block I have done before as I'm needing a few more blocks to make it king size and get one of my WIP completed.  The block tutorial is really good on The Blossom Heart Quilts site, so I am linking to it, Tic Tac Toe block. 

The MOST IMPORTANT part of this block is choosing the fabrics that fit the Americana colors that I am using so that your blocks meld together with all the others already collected. The colors are Americana red, white and blue. The x in the middle is darker dusty red, the outer corners are darker dusty blue and the connectors are cream off white lean towards tan - no white. Americana colors are not real bright, pure colors but more of the dusty, aged, muted tones. I know there are international members of our hive and these colors may be more of a challenge.  Let me know if you have any questions on the fabrics you have chosen.  

Refer to Tic Tac Toe for the full tutorial. 

X is Muted Red 
Corners are muted Blues
Connectors are Cream/Off White


Here is my fabric pull - keep away from fabrics that register as "light" for the Red and Blue.
And here is a pic of the blocks I have so far. I only need about 10 more blocks! Look at the photo to see the line of blocks that are too bright or light and I won't be able to use those.  


Always good to take a pic!  Yes, I have removed the blocks that were made with cream in the corners.  Be sure your placements are correct.  
Looking forward to adding more blocks and getting closer to king size!
Lisa...

No comments: