Sunday, October 26, 2014

Hive 5 finish for January 2014

AmysCreativeSide.com
Having just finished binding this quilt today, I thought I'd enter it in the Blogger's Quilt Festival in the scrappy category. Many of the blocks were made for me by members of Hive #5 of The Stash Bee. The design is the popular Japanese X and + block and I asked for warm colours for the points, black crosses, texty white backgrounds and turquoise ends.

I love all of the different fabrics. Many of which I'd not seen before. I particularly liked the New York cityscape which I understand can only be purchased at The City Quilter.


 And one of the fabrics I used was Sweetwater's Sew text fabric.


I used a new Border to Border quilt pattern called Vine by Anna Bright which I was very pleased with and I have used it on a recent client quilt too.


The backing is a Robert Kaufman wide screen print from Fat Quarter Shop bought in their recent promotion and I love it as the binding too. It really hides the joins on the sashing.

Thanks to all of the HIve 5 participants.

No comments: