Sunday, April 28, 2013

May Hive 2 Block

Hi everyone!  I am so excited to be the Queen Bee for the month of May and have chosen a block I think is very cute and very easy to make.

Name, etc:  I’m Bri, and I live in central Oklahoma in a rural area with my husband, daughter, and two silly dogs who keep us smiling.  Barlie is a black pug and Hampton is a boxer/mastiff mix.

Hardest quilt thing you ever made?  I tend to steer clear of hard things; however, I have been making some of the Farmer’s Wife blocks with a swap group on the About.com quilt forum.  So far, the blocks I have done haven’t been too hard but I know I’m going to get there.  I am kind of looking forward to the challenge… LOL…

Favorite dessert food?  I love CHOCOLATE!  By itself, with caramel, with nuts, with whipped cream….anything chocolate…yummmmmy.

Last time you laughed really hard and what was so funny?  My daughter and I love looking at dog pictures on the Internet – Pinterest, blogs, etc.  There are some great ones – dog shaming, dogs wearing clothes, just adorable and sooooo funny!

Day job?  I work in IT, and that’s all I have to say about that.  The quilting is so much more fun to talk about…

Do you remember the first thing you ever sewed?  I can remember an embroidery project.  I think I was 9 or 10 because we had just moved from the city to the country.  I also remember reading the Little House on the Prairie books in 4th grade and our teacher having us sew together little 9 patches….that’s my favorite childhood sewing memory….

Life philosophy?  I had to write a mission statement in a college class a few years ago, and it boiled down to ‘Inspire Optimism’.  I believe everyone is capable of anything they set their mind to.  Sometimes, they just need to be reminded…

The block I chose for this month is super cute.  I first made it a few years ago in an Oklahoma City Modern Quilt Guild Bee.


You can find the tutorial for the Asterisk block here on the Selvage Blog. 

I would like the block(s) made in USA patriotic colors – red, white and blue.  The fabrics can have other colors in them if that’s all you have in your stash, I would just like for them to read ‘red or blue’, but I won’t turn anything away.  J  Please use Kona White for the asterisk.  The blocks end up 6” unfinished.  Make as few or as many as you like.  Thank you!!!!

Bri


1 comment:

laurel said...

ready to do this!