Sunday, May 6, 2012

May blocks for Hives 1 and 2


This was a very interesting block to make.  I have not worked with wonky triangles before, even though I work wonky quite a bit.  It was harder to make my mind let go of "rules" than I expected.


I have liked the look of the wonky star for a while, but this is my first one.  My biggest challenge for this one was finding "modern" fabrics.  I generally don't buy much in the "modern" fabric genre, but I found a Sassy charm pack online by Sandy Gervais, who I happen to like, so I bought it.  I am not sure what I will do with the rest of the stack.  Perhaps I will make up more of these wonky stars for a quilt of my own.
Thank you both for the opportunity to use wonky triangles.  It was fun.

7 comments:

Danny Heyen said...

I love the bright colors you used in the second one!

I can't wait to start my block for hive one. I just have to get the charcoal and I'm set!

✾Jamie Lee Cooley✾ said...

How cool! Thank you so much, I love the layout of the triangles:)

helenjanei said...

That wonky star is excellent! Thank you. X

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
roccagal said...

Miki, I have been stalking your blog and you always do such a fabulous job on everything!1 I am such a fan of your work!
Great blocks!

The Sunflower Patch said...

They are both really pretty! Love the prints in the star block!

✾Jamie Lee Cooley✾ said...

Got it in the mail today...thanks!!!