Thursday, May 24, 2012

Hive #3 - update

It's been a great month - and it's really flown by!  I'm very ready for the upcoming three day weekend celebrating Memorial Day.  It's also my 18th anniversary to the husband on Monday.

Here's a picture of what I've received so for my "Rainbow Starburst in a Storm" quilt...

Hive 3 5-23-12
They are all looking great together! 

Blocks received:
Carolyn H.

Debbie G.
Diane M.
Evelyn G.
Jackie P.
Jennifer S.
Julie L.
Kat D.
Kelli S.
Laura M.
Lauren H.
Rachel V.

Blocks posted but not received as of 5-23-12:
Adreienne K.

I believe that leaves six lovely ladies to hear from/receive.  If you haven't planned it/made it yet, I'd like to have more red, purple or yellow.  Thank you so much!  Also, if you've posted or mailed and I missed your name above, please let me know.

Have a great weekend (almost) everyone!
Take care,
Nancy D.

8 comments:

Annie said...

WOW, Nancy, that is going to be an awesome quilt! It's also really inspirational.

Annie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carol said...

Fabulous looking!!!

supersara20 said...

Wow, I wasn't sure how this would pull together when you posted about it but I love it now that I see them all together.

Danny Heyen said...

Wow! I've been watching as all these blocks are posted and I keep thinking how great they look, but now that I see them together, they look even BETTER!

Julie said...

I love seeing these all together on your wall! Neat! (And for another matter, I need to build my own design wall soon, now that I have a place for one. Any tips would be appreciated!)

elfqueenof5 said...

I am making the block tonite. I am glad you posted the colors you would like, as I had originally planned on orange. I would much rather make one in the colors you need! I will post a pic later! They are so cute!

Nancy D. said...

Thanks everyone!

@ Julie - I started typing everything about my huge design wall and it was taking up way too much room, so I'll send you a message. It's really pretty easy once you figure out how big you want to make it. Basic materials: 1x2" boards for frame, foam insulation board and 72" felt.

Lana - I'm looking forward to seeing your block! Thanks for checking on the colors!

I received Adrienne's today and can't wait to get all of them pieced together.