Saturday, January 7, 2012

Two trees

 

I just finished up two blocks to send to Sunni.

The first is a log cabin with a fussy cut bird:

009

The second one is an applique tree.  I saw one on the blog Needle Little Balance that was inspired by one on Cluck Cluck Sew.  So I freehanded the trunk and then used some leaves I cut out to make the “Little Leaves” quilt from Elizabeth Hartman’s Practical Guide to Patchwork.  I only had one charm pack of Domestic Bliss, so I had to add lots of fabric from my stash to make up the extra leaves, so there are a few other fabrics thrown in for good measure.

010

Here they are together:

012

Hope you like them, Sunni!  I will have them in the mail to you this week.

6 comments:

Cindy said...

So cute.....you all are making me so nervous. I need to start planning my block.

supersara20 said...

These are super cute. I love the bird fussy cutting!

kinter said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the pieced tree and applique block. You did great!

Tara said...

I never would have thought of doing a wonky log cabin for the top. This is why this is such a great block for a bee- you get all these different trees from people who come up with different ideas.

Studio V said...

Cute! Love the bird!

Second Chance Tan said...

These are great.... with each further post I read on this stash bee group, the more I am panicking about my own efforts for this... still waiting for the kona white material to arrive through the post at the moment.