Monday, April 1, 2019

Hive 2 April tutorial - Checker

The 12 inch block to be made for me in  April is one that I also chose when I was part of a different block swap.  With what I receive this month, I should have enough to make quite a nice quilt.
The instructions can be found at:

http://www.blossomheartquilts.com/2015/07/the-bee-hive-checker/


I have minimal fabric or color instructions.
  • The half square triangles can be any color, and can be solid or print.  Pick interesting patterns or textures.  No flowery (girlish) fabric is my only no-no.  I'd like the quilt I make with the blocks to be suitable for either a girl or boy.
  • Sashing can be black or dark gray, solid or print.
  • Rectangles any neutral fabric.
Thanks for taking part and helping me.  Here are a few I already have with one possible layout choice.  

Kathie L in Allentown

1 comment:

Sherry said...

Hey Kathie, I did this block last year in Stash Bee and as part of another swap too.

It is a fun block...can't wait to get into my scrap fabrics.