Sunday, March 4, 2018

Hive 7, March Tutorial

Hi all,
sorry for being that late. The flu had us all... But now babygirl, hubby & I are back on track. The flu is also the reason why I changed my plans for March. My mother in law helped us so much in the past two weeks that she deserves a quilt!

I plan to gift her a modern scrappy churn dash quilt. So I'm asking you to do me a block with four churn dash blocks. It measures 15.5" unfinished or 15" finished.

Colors

I picked this color scheme:

Please use your scraps: The scrappier the better! For the churn dash itself I'm asking for white or very bright/light grey or a white on white print. The other fabrics should be modern and it doesn't matter if they are prints or solids. Please avoid childish stuff.

Cutting

White fabric:
- 8: 4" square
- 4: 1 3/4" x 13"

Colored fabric scraps:
- 8: 4" square
- 4: 1 3/4" x 13"
- 4: 3" square



Assembling

Please press all seams open.


1. we do some HST out of the 4" squares, trim them to 3" squares


2. assemble the strips and cut them in smaller sections of 3" length


3. Sew the units to four churn dash blocks like this. It's 8" unfinished


4. Join the four blocks to one block:


Tadaaaah

Thank you so much for your work. Can't wait to see your blocks popping up on IG!
And don't hesitate to ask me any questions!


Greetings from Switzerland, Ursula



No comments: