Tuesday, September 29, 2015

2015 Hive 4 August Finished Block for Chiska

Stash Bee Hive 4 Aug Finished Block
 
Chiska, You really pushed me to try something that I found very intimidating before now. I was very pleasantly surprised to see that a Cathedral Window block is not as difficult as I thought I was.
 
 
I will surely make more of these!


 
I sent these other pieces of fabric on to Chiska so that she would have squares to add to the other corners where she joined our blocks together.
 
 
Sorry that the pictures are a little blurry. I guess my lens had some fingerprints on the inside.
 
Hope you enjoy Chiska.
  
You had asked about our go to baby quilt. I have made a few, and usually just do random squares of materials in the color scheme that the nursery is planned, or just colors the expecting parents would like. I try not to make a baby quilt for all babies, unless I know they will want one. I received so many blankets and quilts when my children were born, that despite trying to, I never used them all. I loved the one that I received that was cotton on one side, flannel on back, with no batting. It folded up nice and small, but was warm enough as a winter car seat blanket, yet light enough that it could be used as a nursing cover up too. sized 36 x 36.
 
Heather

No comments: