Monday, September 3, 2012

Blocks for Danny - Hive 1

First up thank you Danny for stepping up to lead the group.  It really needs someone to do the job and give the whole thing direction so thanks.

Next, this block is gorgeous but not nearly as easy as that tutorial made it sound.  Ladies, save yourselves some headaches, pulled hair and cussing and just make yourselves a paper piece template to use.  I made two halves without templates and they both turned out horrible.  Once I made the template for myself they were gorgeous.  I made 3 even! Danny, hope you like them.  I didn't use any fabric twice which was fun to do and since you have a little one, I tried to include as many fabrics with little critters as I could to make it fun.




4 comments:

Taisia @ Piecing Light said...

Those are pretty! Thanks for the template tip - that will save many headaches (I guess FITF is very improv-skilled...)

Second Chance Tan said...

These are so bright and gorgeous.... I think I might just try your paper piecing idea, thanks x

Danny Heyen said...

I love them!! Thank you so much! I cannot wait to get this quilt put together!

supersara20 said...

They went out in the mail yesterday.