Friday, August 31, 2012

Hive 1 September Block

I hope you don't mind, but I totally disregarded the whole Kona Charcoal thing. I thought I knew which block I wanted, but when it came down to it, I decided to go with something easier. I'm crazy busy with commission work and TRAC and bees and church and my daughter's health and I think I just need some simplicity in my life right now. Instead, I am asking for Starburst blocks because they are pretty.

starburst quilt

starburst quilt

starburst quilt

All of these images have been hijacked from Film in the Fridge's blogpost you can find here. If you don't follow this blog, you really should.

I saw this quilt when it was first posted in 2010 and it was immediate love. Infatuation. Amore. I know it's been done, but I don't care. I want one of my very own!

Want to know what's more awesome?? She made a tutorial too! Bonus! You can get that here.

I would like you each to make at least 2 blocks. I say "at least" because if you have time, I would LOVE more. I did the math and if each of you makes two, it only gives me enough to make a crib size quilt, hence the whole "the more the merrier" attitude. Trust me: this is a lot easier than the paper pieced butterflies I was going to have you make!!

I'm a little obsessed with color. I adore the colors in the original quilt.

starburst quilt

And, if you need more inspiration for colors, you can hit up my pin board full of beautiful, "pinspiring" images.

If you are having any issues with this block, feel free to email me directly.

danny[dot]heyen[at]gmail[dot]com

Thanks so much!! I can't wait to see the finish products!!

Danny

1 comment:

supersara20 said...

I've started my blocks and they are a lot more difficult than they look. I've finally resorted to making my own paper piecing templates as I've made two misserable failures already without a template. The first half completed on a template looks fabulous though! Can't wait to see them put together.