Friday, July 1, 2016

Hive 7 - July block for Kristen


Greetings from the road!  I'm en route to my brothers wedding in Wisconsin and writing this on my phone so please excuse any errors!  

For my turn this month I'd love a scrappy Cross Plus block a la Badskirt Amy, But sized up to a 12" block with measurements provided by canoeridgecreations.  


The directions for assembling the block are on Amy Gunson's blogpost :

http://badskirt.blogspot.com/2011/04/japanese-x-and-scrappy-quilt-tutorial.html?m=1

BUT follow cutting sizes from above photo!!

Fabric choices:
Keep it scrappy!

For the center cross - pinks, reds, oranges, orchids (non pastels please), same fabri for all pieces please
For edge of cross- Medium to dark gray solid or patterned, please use same fabric for all four rectangles
Background triangles - low volume - do not need to be the same fabric on each square
Branches of the X - blues (Aqua, teal, turquoise), greens (lime, citron, pear) nothing too dark (no navy or hunter green) or too pastel

Prefer modern fabrics, no novelty, no juvenile, think bright rainbow !  

I stiched some examples of the colors/feel I'm looking for 




Any questions - let me know!  Thanks!!




4 comments:

Sherry VF said...

Great choice of blocks! Would you consider View Reels by Cotton & Steel a novelty fabric?

June D said...

Beautiful block and color choices.

Kristen said...

Sherry that would be fine to use :)

Kristen said...

Thanks June!