Friday, July 1, 2016

Stash Bee Hive 6 June Block for Laura

Yes, its the 1 July 2016, but somewhere in the southern hemisphere it might still be June 2016. If so  I am happy to sneak in under the wire with my June block. In April I had requested a really simple plus block. In June, Laura carried this forward and requested a simply simple plus block. A plus block within a border, a plus within a plus.

Anybody who follows me on instagram will have known that for most of June I was part of the green and white army. I was in France to watch N Ireland play football (soccer for you Americans)  in the Euros. It was a big achievement for our little country, or "our wee country". It's the taking part that counts for us, not the winning. We got knocked out in the first round. It was tremendous fun, and I may not have been a particular football fan when I went but I was when I came home. I know all the songs now, but that is for another blog post.

So that's why my block is the 1 July. The footie or match de foot as the French call it, being exhausted when I came home. And, a little secret crafting with my daughter.


I whipped up these two blocks this morning. I loved making them. Laura asked that we used fabric that reflected our personal style. Mmm, black........ what does that say about me? I'm quite an upbeat person. If Laura can hold off another day or two, I'll knock up another block in the hombre colours of the wedding quilt I'm making for my son and his fiancée. That would fairly represent my life at the minute.

I'm off to the hen weekend in the morning. I just hope I survive.

Helen x

No comments: