Saturday, July 30, 2016

July Hive 3 Blocks for Sarah

I'm squeaking in under the wire this month. I've had the blocks done for about a week, but I didn't get to the post office until yesterday. I will say these were lots of fun to make, and I definitely see doing more of them in the future. I ended up doing two blocks, because they were fun. The hardest thing for me was picking out which fabrics to use.



Sarah asked that we tell her about the fabrics we chose. I used several scraps from the line High Street, I used it to make a Turning 20 quilt. I also used several pieces from the Summer Breeze line that my sister used to make a Cheaper by the Dozen quilt. There is some Cotton & Steel from my stash, and rest are from my scrap bin, so they were most likely used on a quilt. I think the reason I liked these blocks is because it is a way to used lots and lots of different fabrics.  I can't wait to see Sarah's finished quilt.

No comments: