Saturday, July 30, 2016

Hive 9, July Block for Kelly

July Block for Kelly
This is the second time I have made this block for the Stash Bee. I had a lot of trouble with it last time, because I was much less experienced with quilting then.
I thought I would be a master this time, obviously, since I have already made a few of these blocks in order to get one good one last time, right?
BUT,  after printing the pattern from my phone and half making the block, following along with your tutorial, I discovered that the center spine was much smaller than it should have been. Of course this happened while I was trying to pack for a vacation and turn the block out as fast as I could.
Maybe next time I make any printed pattern, I will be sure to check size before sewing. LOL.
Finally got the right sized block finished for you. And I was able to take my time to make sure it came out great.
Hope you love the colors.
If I ever make it again, I think I will paper piece the stripes onto the pattern piece, to make it easier to keep it from stretching. all the bias sides make it much harder to work with, but I do love it so much!

1 comment:

Allison/Savage Pink said...

I paper pieced mine and it was a breeze. Especially if you are only making one block and not a whole quilt. Yours looks lovely!