Monday, July 25, 2016

Party Crashing for Tracy and Sarah

I had a lot of fun making these blocks. For Tracy in Hive 6, I chose the theme, "A Day at the Beach." The tutorial was a cinch to follow and I was happy with the result. I photographed it by our jetboat, "Current Girlfriend," named after yours truly. I used selvedges for the string square.



For Sarah in Hive 1, I made a set of feathers. Being careful (read: slow) I took my time getting them done and still got the two rights mixed up, but oh well. I like the result and the fact that it is a nice big 18 inch block. A few would make a nice little wall hanging or baby quilt and I will be making it again, for sure. Her color choice worked out great for me; I have been holding onto a yard of vintage Alexander Henry waiting for the right project, and here it is. I used a piece for the solid side of the right feather.


2 comments:

Kim V said...

Bravo! Sooooo very cute!

Cyndi said...

Wow Jane those blocks were great. Love those fabric choices for the Spools and love the use of the selvages for the strings. Beautiful feathers.