Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Hive 9 - August Block

Here is my block for August!  Heather asked for this wonky pinwheel block and it went together pretty quickly.  I don't really have low-volume prints with color so I used a variety of white-on-white fabrics for the background.



Heather asked us not to remove the background fabric after adding the colored angled pieces which really makes the back of the block so much cleaner!  It did make for some thick seams that I carefully sewed over though.

I think the block turned out well and I hope Heather likes it!

1 comment:

HotPinkThread said...

Kim, I love this block, and yes, the few seams do come out a little thicker, but the back is so clean and I will not have to do a ton of pressing when assembling the top. I especially loved the white with silver sparkle dots. Cannot wait to see these all together.