Sunday, August 21, 2016

Thoroughly Modern MJ

I loved creating this block! MJ asked for beachy colors in solids or modern prints. I pulled a batik print, taupe, and shades of Balize blue. She suggested her pal Jennifer's modern interpretation on traditional blocks and I can't thank MJ enough for that rabbit hole of awesomeness. Wheeeee! I chose Patience Corners, block # 41. Why? Because that is the name of the Quilt Shop where I took my first quilt class from Roberta Horton back in 1980. It is now New Pieces Quilt Store.

Patience Corners is a traditional block that has been around for ever. Can you believe that I have never sewn this block? Me either. So I tackled it and loved it so much that I made 4 little blocks and sewed them together. I want to make a whole quilt in this wonky improve style because I love the look. Without further ado, here it is:


3 comments:

HeatherK @ A Reformed Heath'n said...

So cute! I'm gonna have to check out that link!

Mjcooksgrte said...

Jane, I'm thrilled that you had such fun creating a perfect block for my sampler. You've inspired me to give that one a try... Adding it to the list!! Can't wait to get my hands on it. Thanks so much! MJ

Cyndi said...

What a cool looking block. love it.