Monday, August 1, 2016

August Quatrefoil Block for Mary Hive 7

I'm very excited to be the Hive 7 queen bee for the month of August. I'm asking my hive-mates  to sew the Quatrefoil block designed by Jennie of Clover & Violet.

It's a fairly easy block to sew though it is really important to look carefully at Jennie's diagrams to sew each of corner block subunits correctly (Hint: Even though they look the same, two of the corner block subunits are the mirror image of the other two corner block subunits).
The colors I have chosen are teal, navy, lime green, and low volume fabric. I've sewn two example blocks to show color placement:


Below is a pic of a fabric pull using my color choices:

For inspiration, you might also want to check out Sarah Goer's Swoon blocks. I love her fabric choices for her swoon blocks.

I would prefer tone-on-tone or small-scale modern prints or solids that have some pizazz like Grunge, Painter's Canvas, and Cross-Hatch, and for the low-volume, I'd like grey or black on white (no cream or any other colors).
If you have any questions, please feel free to leave a comment or email me.

Thanks so much,
Mary



No comments: