Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Hive 8 August block

I love the way the bright colors show up with the grey in this month's block.  I started with 6 inch squares, which made trimming easy, but put some of my strips closer to the corners than I intended.  I also apparently default to the same few angles on the slashes.  I even tried to be cognizant of that while placing the strings, and still ended up with very similar placements for some of the strings.  Hopefully that balances out in the whole quilt.  I made one with a solid grey background and one scrappy.  I think I have to agree with our Queen for the month that the solid grey works better.  I'm sending them both along.



2 comments:

Puppilalla said...

Very nice blocks. I think I will stick to a solid background too.

zaney said...

Awesome!