Thursday, June 2, 2016

Hive 6 May Block For Carolyn

I'm a little late, this month. Procrastination is my middle name, in fact it may be my first name. I must admit I struggle with flying geese, so I did the proverbial put the bill behind the clock on the mantelpiece. Every Sunday morning I planned to start my block, and every Sunday morning I got waylaid. Mostly with my son's wedding quilt. You know, the I'll just do another block thing.


Finally I started the block. I enjoyed making the individual geese and thought I had overcome my bete noire, overcome my fears, faced my demons. All was well until I started to piece the geese this afternoon. I had a bit of a problem with sizing. My big geese were too small and my small geese were too big, and as for the little tiny geese, well don't even go there.

I adjusted the seam lines and got them all together. It has ended up a little on the big size, these geese have had too much corn I think before flying north for the summer. And as for the points, well there is an old Chinese proverb that says, you can please some of the points some of the time, but you can't please all of the points all of the time. I'm going to have another go at this, but in the meantime I will send this as a measure of my good faith.

Helen x

1 comment:

zaney said...

I know this block isn't coming to my mailbox or anything, but I think it is AOK. Once it is all quilted up, it will look nearly perfect. Your colors are gorgeous to boot. Flying geese sometimes trip me up too, ok, usually trip me up too, lol, but they are such a neat look.