Thursday, June 16, 2016

Hive 3 - Block for Marie

Hi all, Shauna here, and to me the exciting thing about doing a bee is that I get to do different blocks each month. Some I find I want to make again and others I don't want to see again ever. This month I was lucky because I got to do a block I've been thinking about for a while. My niece is a major Baylor Bears fan and I've wanted to try a bear claw block and that is what Marie chose this month. The only thing that made me sad was that I didn't have many plaids/checks/stripes in my stash. But I did manage to get a block together for her.


I really like the look of these fabrics together and I think Marie is going to have an awesome quilt when she is done. It reminds me of a quilt my grandmother had that was all made from old clothing. It is my first memory of a quilt. I loved making the block, so I'm pretty sure there will be a bear claw quilt in my future, but it will most likely be green and gold. I hope Marie likes her block and I can't wait to see the finished quilt.

2 comments:

CooperQuilter said...

Thank you Shauna!
This block looks great and I can't wait to put them all together.

Puppilalla said...

Wonderful