Saturday, June 4, 2016

Hive 4 Block for Rose: Circles galore

Late post, sorry!

It's hard to see in this picture but the navy blue is a tone on tone polka dot (I adore polka dots).  I picked the phases of the moon fabric because they are also circles.  Anyway. Starch and careful pressing were my friends in making this. When making blocks with multiple pieces like this I like to write out what I need to cut, then cut all my fabric (referring to the list as I go) & then pin labels to each stack. Unfortunately, I copied down the cutting list incorrectly. I was super frustrated and my roommate ended up telling me to back away from the fabric.  When I returned to piecing a few hours later I realized what had gone wrong. With an *accurate* list this came together really well.



2 comments:

Rose Braun said...

Very pretty blues Julia, I love it. Looking forward to receiving it. Thanks.

Rose Braun said...

What a great day....I received 3 blocks today. Thanks so much Julia, this looks great. Love it.