Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Hive 3: Bear's Paws for Marie

Queen Marie asked for Bear's Paws in plaids.  I have always loved Bear's Paws but had never made one, so I was excited.

I struggled with this block!  I'm not sure why.  I got the "claw" part sewed backwards many, many times and did a whole lot of ripping and re-sewing.  But I did end up with a finished block, plus one extra paw.  The extra paw is a tiny bit short, so you may not be able to use it; I won't be offended.

I didn't have much in the way of plaids so I did buy some thrift store shirts, as Marie did for hers.  I cut up the most usable parts of the shirts remaining and will send that along, Marie.  I hope you can use it for more blocks or in some other way.

Marie asked about our first job: I did a lot of babysitting as a teenager and through college.  I started at 13 and got to be pretty well-known as a sitter in my greater neighborhood.  If that doesn't qualify as my first job, I started working at the local public library when I was a junior in high school.  I was a page in the reference/nonfiction area and mostly shelved books and fetched back issues of magazines.  I am now a librarian, so the job clearly served me well :)

Emily, Hive 3

1 comment:

CooperQuilter said...

Thank you, Emily, for the extra work as well as the shirts. You went all out and I appreciate it.
Marie