Thursday, June 2, 2016

Karen's May block for Carolyn

So sorry my block is late. It's not something I expect will ever happen again.
This month's block was good practice with the no-waste 4-at-a-time flying geese method. I've used this method before and always have had some trouble getting my geese to turn out just right. I've had issues with the extra fabric that ends up at the point of the goose, and with the geese not turning out the right size. This time I took my time and carefully sewed, however I still ended up with some small geese. I will have to keep perfecting the technique and I hope the minor errors with some of my points are minor enough to suffice.
I enjoyed the color palette this month. It's right in line with some of my favorites. I had a lot of turquoise to choose from so I hope you enjoyed my selections. I couldn't resist making one collection of geese in rainbow order. Can you find it?

No comments: