So apparently I totally forgot to post my January block for Sylvia, but it was sent out and got to her.
1. Name: Carolyn
2. Where you live: Lanoka Harbor,NJ
3. Tell us about your family: I have a great family of two sisters with two brothers in law and two nephews. Also great supportive parents.
4. Tell us about your pets: I have my crazy Maggie puppy who we got from a rescue in Georgia. She is such a loving and caring puppy that is afraid of everything, including the wind.
5. How long have you been quilting? I made my first quilt 17 years ago, eek!
6. What crafts do you do other than quilting? Other than quilting I take some time knitting. It is easier to take along with you. And maybe some card making or scrapbooking here and there. And I am not sure if you can count the "arts and craps" I do with my nephews. :)
7. Fabric line you want to buy next: I'm so up in the air when it comes to fabric lines. I love to buy a little of everything so I can't choose just one!
8. Preferred quilting method (FMQ, long arm, hand, etc.): I am a huge fab of free motion quilting and have been practicing more designs with it other than just meanders. I do love to add accents of hand quilting with some pearl cotton.
9. Where we can find you on social media: Blog: http://sweetboaterchick.blogspot.com/, Instagram: @sweet_boater_chick Pinterest: Carolyn
10. Favorite book: Another thing that I am all over the place on. I love all kinds of books and listen to a lot when I am quilting. I have recently read almost the whole Bitten series. ANd I totally loved the Divergent series.
11. Favorite show to binge watch:The Big Bang Theory! Also, NCIS when I'm in the mood. But normally any syfy show for me :)
Here are my Union Jack blocks that I sent to Sylvia. I have to say these blocks were challenging for me. I had to do some seam ripping while working on the, The seam allowance was very precise. I did enjoy making these blocks, though. My new brother in law is from England, so maybe a pillow with this block will be in his future.