Monday, February 29, 2016

Hive 6 January Block for Sylvia

So apparently I totally forgot to post my January block for Sylvia, but it was sent out and got to her. 

1. Name:  Carolyn

2. Where you live: Lanoka Harbor,NJ

3. Tell us about your family: I have a great family of two sisters with two brothers in law and two nephews. Also great supportive parents.  

4. Tell us about your pets: I have my crazy Maggie puppy who we got from a rescue in Georgia.  She is such a loving and caring puppy that is afraid of everything, including the wind.  

5. How long have you been quilting? I made my first quilt 17 years ago, eek!

6. What crafts do you do other than quilting? Other than quilting I take some time knitting.  It is easier to take along with you.  And maybe some card making or scrapbooking here and there.  And I am not sure if you can count the "arts and craps" I do with my nephews.  :)   

7. Fabric line you want to buy next: I'm so up in the air when it comes to fabric lines.  I love to buy a little of everything so I can't choose just one!

8. Preferred quilting method (FMQ, long arm, hand, etc.): I am a huge fab of free motion quilting and have been practicing more designs with it other than just meanders.  I do love to add accents of hand quilting with some pearl cotton.  

9. Where we can find you on social media: Blog: http://sweetboaterchick.blogspot.com/, Instagram: @sweet_boater_chick Pinterest: Carolyn

10. Favorite book: Another thing that I am all over the place on.  I love all kinds of books and listen to a lot when I am quilting.  I have recently read almost the whole Bitten series.  ANd I totally loved the Divergent series.  

11. Favorite show to binge watch:The Big Bang Theory!  Also, NCIS when I'm in the mood.  But normally any syfy show for me :) 


Here are my Union Jack blocks that I sent to Sylvia.  I have to say these blocks were challenging for me.  I had to do some seam ripping while working on the,  The seam allowance was very precise.  I did enjoy making these blocks, though.  My new brother in law is from England, so maybe a pillow with this block will be in his future.  

No comments: