Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Hive #4-February

Hi!  I'm Jennifer.  I misread directions last month and didn't post my answers to the questions, so I thought I'd add them this month.  I enjoyed making this block for Ruth from low volume scraps and some lovely green.


2.  Where you live?  Burleson, Texas.  Just south of Fort Worth.  I'm originally from Woodward, OK, near the Oklahoma panhandle.

3.  Tell us about your family--I'm married to Paul, a British national turned American citizen.  We have a seven-year-old daughter, Sarah.  We also have two Cardigan Welsh corgis, Knuckles and Bernie and two orange cats, Taz and Zola.

4.  Tell us about your pets--Oh, uh, well they're pretty much family at this point.  I wasn't a dog person until we agreed to take in Knuckles, a rescue corgi.  Nearly ten years later, he and I are pretty much inseparable.

5.  How long have you been quilting?  I decided to make a baby quilt for a friend who was having a baby.  He'll be three in March.  I never finished the quilt that inspired me, but came up with a lovely alternative.  And many more.  :)

6.  What crafts do you do other than quilting?  Oh, pretty much a little of everything.  Knit, spin, cross-stitch.  In my free time, ahem. 

7.  Fabric line you want to buy next?  I'm trying to be better about purchases this year.  But I did fall for a fat quarter bundle of Lizzy House Butterflies after seeing these Wonky Star blocks by GnomeAngel.

8.  Preferred quilting method?  I started out hand, am getting much braver with my walking foot with my domestic machine.  I've recently learned that a local library has a long arm that is available to the public that I'm hoping to get into a class to learn how to use.  And it's FREE!

9.  Where can we find you on social media?  Facebook:  Jennifer Ann Bloxham, Instagram @jabloxham  I'd love to blog, but I can't seem to come up with a catchy name.

10.  Favorite book:  I rarely meet a book I don't like.   I really enjoyed the Paper Magician Series recently and am currently reading Bill Bryson's newest book The Road to Little Dribbling.  Oh, and to help with insomnia, Teaching in Nursing:  A Guide for Faculty.

11.  Favorite show to binge watch:  I'd be binge watch NCIS from the beginning, except my husband seems to think he should get to watch as well!  I love Law and Order SVU, medical dramas (only to laugh at how ridiculous they can be!), and reality shows like Top Chef and Project Runway!

1 comment:

Emily said...

I so want to move to a place where the public library has a long arm!!!!! I'm a librarian, but I'm not a public library any more--I'm emailing this to my public library friends to see if they can make this happen for me :)