Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Hive 5 February Tutorial for Jacqueline

Hi Ladies, sorry I'm late, but I had a training down in Madison, WI and left my laptop at the Hotel. Luckily it has now been returned to me, so now here we go!!

I have been in love with the Book Sunday Morning Quilts by Amanda Jean Nybert and Cheryl Atkinson. There is absolutely nothing in the book I don't love. I also love the Farm Girl Vintage book by Lori Holt, but we are sticking with the first one . I just really love the colors Lori Holt designs with. The Modern Vintage movement. 

Anyway, I would love for you all to make me a variation of a  Log Cabin block. This is so easy and quick to make. The inspiration is the Scrapper's Delight Quilt as noted below from the Sunday Morning Quilts Book. I would love a smililar color theme as in the picture below and I would love the block to measure a good 15 inches when squared up. I would like to square them up please. 


The block looks like this when completed:


 To start, a 1.5 to 2.0 inch square for the center(corner) in which to build the block with. 


Then, gather your scrappy strips anywhere from about 1.5 to 3 inches wide. Note, I found a quick 2 piles below!!



Then start adding strips to two sides of the block


You will need to trim the two intersecting points so that your strips line up straight. 

Just keep adding strips:


and strips


and before you know it, you've done it!

Continue until the  block measures a good 15 inches. I ask that you then just send it back to me and I will gladly square it up Thank you so much for your labors and I hope it was fun trying to whittle down some of the scrap pile. 






5 comments:

Mjcooksgrte said...

Oh Jacqueline! What a fun and happy block.
Can't wait to pull those strings for this one. So glad you got your laptop back.

Jane Holbrook said...

That block is worth the wait, and I'm happy that the delay was your laptop and not something else.. A fun February block.

Puppilalla said...

Wonderful. This looks like so much fun. I'm tempted to hive crash =)

Cut&Alter said...

On my list for today! It's going to be a fun one.

Unknown said...

I'm crashing your hive!! Send me your address and I'll send off your block! springhillmom3@yahoo.com