Tuesday, February 2, 2016

January Block for Karyn


I can not believe that I am a day late on this.  My technical skills getting the photo uploaded was totally lacking yesterday.   Also I apologize for the picture as well.   Took it in my sewing room which is the basement.   This if my first month in Stash Bee and Wow oh Wow have I learned things to do and not to do.

I loved making this block and will definitely will put this on my "to do" list.   So thank you Karyn for choosing it.  

So here is a little bit about me:

I am currently living in Cedar Rapids, Iowa.  I am originally from the West Coast primarily lived in California.

I do have three children all grown and two grandchildren.   My children and grandchildren are in California which is my home state.  It is hard to be that far; but that I love facebook and Skype so I can keep up with them

I do work outside the house.   At the present time, I work at Unity Point--St. Lukes Hospital in the Radiology department as a Diagnostic Assistant (it is a big word for a clerical position).  Love working, but it somewhat hinders getting much sewing done.

Love love love fabric, but I really do not care who designs it.  When I first moved to Iowa, I had a second job working at Hancock Fabrics.  Saying that you probably can guess that I have enough fabric to quilt everyone in Iowa a quilt. 

I first started quilting in the late 90's but then I moved and kind of started my live over again and I have done much lately.   I followed Stash Bee for a year and thought this was a great way to get back into it.   I want to become better and to become more patient.

Again, sorry this is a day late, but I am looking forward to this coming year.

No comments: